I have worked in a lawyer firm prior my current job, and yes, I was involved in the SnP agreement and what not semua. I just thought if you guys want to know what are the relevant procedures yg terlibat during house purchasing:
1. Sale and Purchase agreement : This is the agreement between you and developer. So basically here. there are stamp duty fees, legal fees, ect fees (transportation, fax, email and what not semua la). If you guys nak tahu how to calculate stamp duty, you can go to this link :
Just insert the amonut of your housing price, it'll calculate right away for you.
2. Loan agreement : This is between you and bank pulak. Again, here will be another lawyer fees. Before, when I was in the lawyer firm, most purchaser would go for the same lawyer firm for both procedure. It is easier if you are buying a first hand house, a new devoloping housing area, the developer would suggest you with their panel lawyer. The procedure will be faster since all purchaser are using the same lawyer firm (because yg masalah lama tu sbb there are tons of housing agreement on their tables, nak pergi pejabat tanah lg, pejabat hasil; so it takes years if the lawyer is handling only your matter; compared to they handle semua purcahser at one time.) That's why some developers akan buat promotion yg they will bear lawyer fees, and certain2 fees. But again, it's up to you. (lg2 kalau you are a lawyer, yourself,kn?;p)
3. Disbbkan kita owe dgn bank, we will have another agreement to let the bank keep our house grants for safe keeping. So that, if we are declared bancrup (Nauzubillah..), tak mampu nak byr ansuran ke, bank akan lelong rumah kita to settle the amount yg we owe them. We will only have the photocopy grant shj =) (This is for loan with bank, if you are taking government loan, it'll be different)
4. If you are buying a first hand flat/apartment/condo, after a couple of years (I cant remember the exact time), your lawyer firm will call you for another agreement signing. This agreement is to facilitate in individual grant/starta. Meaning, masa mula2 rumah siap, grant is for the one whole block. So, now diaorg nk give you individual grant (berdasarkan nombor and tingkat rumah masing2). This is so, if one day you nak jual rumah ke apa, sngla..
5. After full loan settelement dengan bank, lawyer firm akan call for another meeting, to release the grant back to you.
Habisla urusan dgn lawyer (Finally!).
All this procedure yg I write ni is for a first hand, new houses tau. If you are buying a second hand house, or nak buat tukar nama, or nak buat refinance, that'll require for other procedure (property evaluation etc). I am not really sure on the procedure because I only handle first hand house punya matter.
p/s- If there's anything yg slh on this writing, I am very sorry. And yes, if there's anyone yg nak re-correct any part, is welcome. Because, these are basically from my experience working as junior clerk in a lawyer firm bank in 2007. And i had fun when I was there! =)